Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Am Skillz

I had to go home from work today cause I was sick. My belly was just in knots from 10 am onward. It hurt quite a bit, enough that I could barely focus on my job, so I did what needed to be done from my pov, and called it a day, kinda. The rest of the afternoon, from 2:00 on, was spent lying in bed or kneeling in front of the porcelain throne, I never did throw up though. Can't rightly place what it was that caused it. Could've been the seafood spaghetti leftovers I ate yesterday, which when I ingested them primarily, ran through me like a surfer riding a wave of molten lava. Or it might have been the fact I missed breakfast again, though it's never felt anything at all like this. It might have been that since I didn't have breakfast and was feeling a bit peckish I scrounged in my drawer and found an expired Mon Cheri bar and ate it. Chocolate doesn't really go bad, but this particular type has hazelnuts in it, I love hazelnuts, hazelnuts will go bad, they tasted fine though. Or the last thought of mine this evening was that I could have been fairly severely dehydrated, I rarely drink water or anything at meals, when I have meals, and for some time now my only liquid has been the milk in my cereal in the mornings, which I have not had the last few days. Anyway I feel better now, now that I have your sympathy, or apathy, I'll take what I can get. I actually was worrying that i wouldn't be able to eat supper like I had been unable to eat lunch, but I was better by then.



It is a good thing too, this is the meal that I prepared, I Am Skillz! It is Wednesday and it was my turn to cook. I've never done a roast chicken before, nor baked yams, or even Yorkshire puddings, but I think I am happy with how everything turned out. Mark liked it too, but sadly Kim couldn't make it, see that third spot set, that was for her.

I know I am tooting my own horn here, but for a first try I think I did well. Yorkshire puddings are going to be my new staple now that I know exactly how to make them. And I love pickles, and yams, yams and sweet potatoes, I really have no clue about the difference. I think if I had done carrots and green beans it would have been as close to a perfect meal as I am capable of, oh, and grape juice too.

I am now stuffed, and re hydrated, and I even snuck upstairs to check the fridge, but alas Young-sun did eat the Yorkshire I had left for her. I hope she enjoyed it.

Next target: HAM!

I love ham.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:51 pm , Blogger M.R. Tumnus said...

Ahhh, poor baby. Glad you had the sickness run through you so fast. Cherie is sick as a dog, this is her fourth day of missed work and she still feels terrible.
That picture made my mouth water - hey, your cookin next time you're here.

 
At 9:48 pm , Blogger heidi said...

ooh, that chicken looks gooooood! i have not yet mastered ham, but i often do chicken and i also do a pretty mean roast beef in the crock pot (with yorkshires, of course)
oh yes and DRINK YOUR WATER!!! i'm always harping on josh for not drinking enough. and no, juice and pop and coffee are not substitutes for WATER.
okay, so off my big sister soapbox. i have to ask: i saw that you were a bumble on facebook. are you a pork loving reindeer harassing bumble or a toothless, bouncing, tree decoratin bumble?

 
At 9:07 pm , Blogger Miranda said...

mad skillz yo! Sounds so good!

 
At 12:31 am , Blogger Unknown said...

As a bumble I don't like pork except for ham and bacon, and there are no reindeer to harass so I just stick to scaring old ladies. I have been known to bite unprovoked as well. But I also like to sit in the snow and compose haikus, balance in everything...

 
At 2:03 pm , Blogger lil said...

James!! That meal looks awesome!! I love yams, too, and found out after 35 yrs of marriage that Ernie likes sweet potatoes better! Go figure!! Sweet potatoes are sort of a yellow color, the yams are the orange ones. I'm sure orange is better for you. =)
Happy cooking and experimenting!

 
At 6:09 pm , Blogger M.R. Tumnus said...

Still checking whenever I read blogs........
PS Ham tomorrow for lunch.

 
At 8:27 pm , Blogger M.R. Tumnus said...

Still checking...anymore gourmet tricks up your sleeve?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home