Saturday, July 07, 2007

Prague

Here now some information, brought to you in part by Cadbury. "The only thing as good as your Crispy Crunch is one that was destined for another."

Not enough landscape pictures remaining of Rome, so we are off to Prague in the Czech Republic! The aeroplane ride from Rome to Brussels to Prague was quite an experience, Cherie wrote about it after it happened, on her Xanga, if you can find it. It is her story more so than mine, so I won't attempt to tell it, I was just along for the ride so-to-speak.


This here building has a name, I should remember this name, I knew it once, but I forget it now. It's not the Powder Tower, that one I remember. This is the everyday view we had while we ate lunch in the main square a couple of blocks away from our hostel.



This is the National Museum. It sits at the end of a huge square (rectangle is more appropriate), there were around 3 McDonalds resturaunts either on the square or on a side street. Sad, but cheap cheeseburgers :) I went to the museum one morning without Cherie, it was good I did.. they had a really extensive mineral collection. All in all it was a really nice place, but Prague has a plethora of museums that one can visit, most would be smaller than this, but cheaper and more enjoyable. Oh well.


Same unnamed building at night, I was experimenting with night shots, I do have some nice portrait ones. . . a tripod would have helped. Unlike most bigger european cities we had been in, Prague didn't have this 'exclusive' feeling night life, we could wander around in the light of lamps and feel safe, and the people were nice during the day too.


I found a grand reading tree, I was reading the Hitchhikers trilogy by Douglas Adams, I highly recommend it, there are 5 books in the trilogy, so be sure to get them all. This park was the largest we had come acoss so far in our travels, it was pleasant to be able to traverse city blocks in the green scented shade of trees, but as always we had a specific destination, so onward and off.


Our destination, was not this castle, it is Prague Castle, we did it the next day. This is the view from our destination, with the help of a bit of my 10x optical zoom! No more pictures for today, so our destination will have to wait to be revealed til another day, it was a good one, recommended highly by a nice person.

So, back to sleep for me, I just woke up from 3 hours sleep, stupid headache, stupid helmet giving me a headache, ughh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home