Monday, May 07, 2007

Marseilles

Some pictures of Marseilles for your pleasant enjoyment, hopefully. I will try and not sound grumpy, or better yet I guess I will try to not be grumpy ;)







This is the view from our "hotel" room. The place was 2 (two) whole stars, I remember the sign had a spot for a third star, which was since removed, so it must have gone downhill some. I think Cherie liked shutters. We got the first good weather here, just don't walk behind any monuments, that is where people pee.


This is a picture of the harbour as viewed from the fort at the entrance to the port, it rhymed. There are many sailboats docked as you can see, too bad the weather wasn't the greatest this day. The fort was cool, you could see cannonball marks in the walls.


Here we are IN the "hotel" room, there was a stain on the wall by the light fixture, and the bed was kinda squishy, but we had TV. I watched curling for a few hours, please someone, put out my eyes with a burning stick that isn't quite hot enough to do it's job in one go.




I'm not sure what sort of breed of doggie this is, we saw a few like this in our travels, so that seems to point to a real breed as opposed to a generic mutt. He was really lazy, but I'm sure had his owners, also the owners of the grocery store he sat in front of, yelled whatever the french word for 'thief' is he would have sprung into action with a deadly, slobbery, clumsy grace.




Ok, so now we are leaving, off to Nice, which will be the next picture set, maybe tomorrow. These trains in France were very nice, and also very fast.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:35 pm , Blogger M.R. Tumnus said...

Great commentary James.

 
At 9:26 pm , Blogger Miranda said...

curling...lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home