Thursday, January 04, 2007

Allegory

Ok, it's all made of cheese, pure geek brand cheese.

Hello, I'm 7 years old. My mother set a play-date with a person from my class at school, I don't know him all that well. When he came over I asked him what he wanted to play, and I showed him all my Lego, my board games, my video games and most of my toys. But instead of wanting to do any of that he reached under my bed and pulled out a worn and dusty box. There is nothing particularly special about the box, it is the original packaging for what is inside, but it is far from mint. Inside is a Landspeeder, it is also far from mint, it has scuffs and some of the decals are peeling. It is no Millennium Falcon or Slave I, but it is mine and it has special meaning to me. I put it in the box and stuck the box under my bed to keep it safe. Now, do I stop my new friend from playing with it outright, or do I trust my new friend to be gentle with it and not throw it off the sundeck?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume that your seven year-old self will just have to learn how to trust. What are you doing on this fine, rainy evening?

 
At 6:54 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, I'll have to pull out some mad detective skills to deduce this "michelle" character. Because you used the word 'fine', especially to describe an evening, I put you at around 5'9". The fact that you used a '-' (hyphen) correctly I must say that you are a brunette. And the fact that you used the word 'just' instead of 'merely' indicated a lack of an education, most likely due to being the captain of the football team in your senior year, though it might be said that you are a tennis player instead. I am correct, as usual, most of the time, as far as I know.

 
At 9:43 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

I realize that I neglected to answer the stated question, so I will belatedly rectify this oversight. My plans for the 'fine' 'rainy' evening, which has now become a pleasant memory involving such topics as storms, pillows, and the usage of pot lids, was two-fold. The primary fold of the evening was to be warm, which I did manage to accomplish, while reading a remarkably good book. The second fold, that is the lateral fold, of the evening was to be sketching, also while remaining warm. There is a bright pixie of a muse fluttering around my head these days and I have this urge to draw that I have not felt in quite some time. Alas, you know what they say about well laid plains? That they are easier to cultivate and have better drainage than otherwise poorly laid plains. Well laid plans, however, are said to never survive the first encounter with the enemy. Thus did my plans fall to the wayside, though I had thought to bypass this old saying by not laying my plans at all, enter the 'alas'. All was not in vain, though some may suggest that I am, as mentioned I managed to retain a comfortable core body temperature and I fairly enjoyed myself. As it turns out my plans were not sundered and broken completely, the book remained, as did the muse, and they played their course this evening. My one hope is that the muse will stay with me a little longer at the least, for my picture is not complete.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home