Thursday, July 26, 2007

London

London. We had a great hostel, Cherie's friend, Julie, booked it for us from Scotland, we had terrible troubles in major cities before that, so it was a blessing. Anyway, our great hostel was one block away from Hyde Park and a major bus route. Don't take the metro, it is very expensive, but they do have an automated voice that reminds you to "mind the gap", balance that on your scales of value beforehand, you'll know what to do.



This is me in Hyde Park, I think I was thinking, when am I not thinking? The statue was a representation of 'masculinity' or some such.



Also somewhere in Hyde Park, the place is huge, Cherie looking sweet and pretty on a hill surrounded by flowers. But you can see that for yourself.. .. .. She's really not all that sweet, she just looks it, like those purple candies that taste like soap, ughh, biggest waste of 10 cents in my life. No, she is sweet.


We went to the changing of the guard, funny hats, yay! We stood around for a long time, saw these dudes marching it out to Buckingham Palace, saw some real military dudes follow them, and then left. We were already a block away before we realized that the guard was just then changing, we missed it :P


Big Ben, it's really not all that big, I had a crayfish sandwich, it wasn't very big either, but it was sufficient and delicious, much like Big Ben I would assume.


Trafalgar Square. I like this shot, took a while of waiting to let two Italian Lady's finish their telephone calls in the most prime picture taking spot in the square.. sheesh. No escape I tell you.

Ok, we also went to a Blue Man Group show, stopped by Drury Lane and took a picture with a muffin, went to the London Zoo, and visited various other tourist traps, we even ate at a noodle hut. Anyway, next we are off to Norway to visit Gunna.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:34 am , Blogger M.R. Tumnus said...

I hope you have lots more trip to tour us on, I am enjoying my European travels (vicariously of course)immensely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home