Friday, July 17, 2009

Visuality


A smattering of pictures for you. Been here a while now, and I finally figured out that the bandwidth is all mine, my own, while the rest of everyone sleeps and I keep the ship safe on night shift. Because of this I can upload pictures easier.


One of my favorite shots from deck 8, port side looking forward at all the little fishing boats in the harbour.







I got a chance to go out to the agricultural site with a guy named Ken and another guy named Jean-Claude. They are teaching local farmers ways to grow more cost effectively without use of commercial fertilizers and pesticides. I enjoyed it immensely.









This is where I work: Reception, deck 5. The bright window you see is the starboard gangway.

We're still not running on a full crew yet, and the pair of fill-ins we just trained are leaving in a month or so. Sigh, I won't be going home any sooner than December it seems.






We few canucks got out to deck 7 to celebrate Canada day. No beer because it's against the rules on ship, so we went to a little place at the end of the dock to make it feel a bit more like home. I had Citron Fanta.








A second trip to the Ag site, this time with just Jean-Claude. If Africa is this much of an etemologists dream I can't imagine how many cool bugs would be in South America.

Interesting note, there is a tree that's leaves act as a natural insect repellant. We crushed it up and mulched with it around the corn and beans, and made a spray with water too. I wonder if it grows back home?


Ok, that's it for tonight, I am now busy. Too busy to continue, I hope you non-facebookers enjoyed it. Maybe tomorrow night I'll try a video, wouldn't that be cool?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:46 pm , Blogger Jacelyn said...

Lol, that's 6 "-ty" titled entries so far...a pickle and a can of root beer are all yours if you can make it to 12, keeping them all relevant, of course! ;)

 
At 1:58 am , Blogger Unknown said...

This will be tricksy... :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home