Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hilarity

I just have to chuckle. I don't think I can laugh today, but I can manage a soft chuckle.

I just got off a series of night shifts, just woke up in fact, in time for supper, which they insist is called dinner. I digress. During my last night shift, 9:00pm to 7:00am, I was told that I needed to wear my uniform. I had not previously known we didn't have to wear our uniforms during night shifts, so this didn't change anything for me immediately. The reason why I had to wear my uniform in the darkest hours of the night was that Don Stpehens, the founder of Mercy Ships was coming for a visit and was arriving then. The reason, or part of the reason, why Mr. Stephens was coming for a visit is that we, the crew of this vessel, were invited by the President of Benin to dinner at the presidental mansion on Friday. This is pretty cool.

News that I heard when I got up: The dinner was cancelled.

LOL

On a side note; I hadn't thought one person could grate on me so much that my day would be near ruined. Skillz.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:00 pm , Blogger heidi said...

bummer! was really looking forward to reading about your presidential visit. hey, email me sometime, kay? i know i haven't written you in awhile, but my life is sorta boring compared to yours :)

 
At 9:45 pm , Blogger Cara said...

You've been thought of and prayed for recently. I laughed out loud at your description of that Risk game. Sarah is sleeping over at your parent's tomorrow. Andy loves using your scooter - thanks for that again...he's wearing the white helmet now. Cara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home