Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dolphins of the sky.

I have discovered them, the dolphins of the sky.

In my job with the city I have the privelage/honour/joy to be able to mow sports fields on a large mowing device. I try my best to keep a straight line, I focus on some distant point and hope not to be distracted. It at least puts a small element of challenge into the day. And one thing I like to be distracted by during these times, is my visits from swallows. You know, the little birds, Barn Swallows, with the V shaped tails. Swallows are the dolphins of the sky. For just as dolphins will jump and frolick in the wake of a ship in the ocean, so will swallows swoop and veer in the proximity to my mower. It is quite cool to see actually, there will be up to 10 swallows around my mower and I can look across the field and see there are none anywhere else. I must stir up the insects or something, even on rainy days. I want to get a video of it maybe sometime, we'll see.

I tried my hand at a diet, a non-dairy diet. It is supposed to help clear your sinuses of all that extra mucous. Well, it works, or at least it worked for me. I didn't notice the change though, until there was free pizza, and I had a few slices and the next day I was stuffed up unlike I had been for the previous week. So it works, but is it worth it? I can live without drinking milk from the jug no prob, but cheese, ice cream, and did I say cheese? It is too much to abandon for a sense of smell, mostly because there are so many temptations anyway. Dairy farmers thank me, I am back on the wagon.

I am also looking for a place to stay, I have been given the boot, so to speak. In hte end I think it is a good thing. I've been where I'm at for almost two years now,a nd I think it is about time to branch out in a different direction. I was really interested in a single bedroom apartment, but they are generally overpriced compared to a two bedroom basement suite. So I'm looking for a roommate, I have a few options, but I'm uncertain about them at the moment, I'll have to do some more praying. But I think it will be good to be out, I'll start buying all those thing I never really had to buy for a home when I was just renting a room, still, it would be nice to be on my own somehow.

I think my writing speaks for itself, or at least will when I reread this later, but you may just be able to tell that I only went to sleep 4 hours ago.... I should try to get a couple more hours at least, ugghh.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:23 pm , Blogger Jennifer said...

a hot lemon water does well to bring up any excess morning phlegm...
also moderation is the key with the cheese since clogged sinuses are a sign of....dun dun dun...allergy.
take care.

 
At 8:01 pm , Blogger heidi said...

i tried the no dairy thing for awhile and it did me good. i'm still off of milk for the most part as well as yogurt. cheese is a toughie, though, i'm with you there. and please, do try to get a video of those swallows, that sounds so very beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home