Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Chapter 4 delayed

Yesterday we played a bit of RPG, but we were introduced to a new character, Yoee'rik'tch, a Ratling scout, and since Ratlings are not in the L5R RPG 3rd Edition book it took a while for the player to get used to how the new rules work. This means that we didn't get through an entire session as was planned, we did lots of stuff, but we will pick it up next week again to finish it off.

We are at six people now and I can see how that is the limit for a good game. It takes some time for everyone to decide on what to do, and surprisingly combat is the fastest part of the game. I will take this into account for when I start to GM my game. So far this L5R RPG (d10) has been a great learning experience, I'd only ever played d20 system RPGs before (WARS, Star Wars, D&D), and even then not very much. There has been some talk of changing over to a WarHammer RPG (%+d10) once this campaign is over as the GM will need some time to relax and think of a new one. But once my game is complete and we start to play I am unsure how much time I will be able to devote to two different game nights in one week. We'll see.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:36 am , Blogger Angela said...

interesting, interesting! I started reading your book...not quite finished yet, but good so far!

 
At 1:07 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

It's actually not a book, it's the story of our RPG sessions. But that you thought it was a book is cool. Thanks for the comment! Yay, 1 comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home