Sunday, January 01, 2006

Status of my RPG.

Well, my RPG is coming along nicely. I would be much farther ahead than I am if I had stayed to my schedule during the summer, but things don't always work out. I am into a rythm now, I stay up until 4:00 am most mornings, when I don't work, working on my RPG. Let me tell you, designing an entirely new RPG system by yourself is a lot of work. Thankfully my friend Aaron suggested basing it on the Final Fantasy video game series which has put some direction into my ideas. Now onto the status:

-There are 6 playable Races, with another one in the works for the first expansion.
-There are 29 playable Classes, with another 4 in the works for the second and third expansions.
-There is an interchangable class system that allows players to completely customize their characters.
-There are currently 907 different Class Abilities, with a total of over 1000 expected after the first expansion.
-There are currently 34 various Advantages and Disadvantages to aid in creating a characters personality, some of these are Race specific increasing the posibility for unique gameplay experiences.
-There is a unique leveling up system that uses AP, CP, and Exp, as well as a total of 2 levels per character to provide a rounded approach to leveling up for various play styles.
-There are 120 Weapon Classes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
-There is a Weapon Proficiency Table that charts each players skill with weapons and the relationship between weapon classes.
-There is an easy to learn "drop and play" combat system for use with common miniatures to provide a strategical insight for more visual players.
-It meshes perfectly with the already popular % system for Skill checks and opposed rolls providing a level of accuracy not often found in other systems.

So that, in a nutshell, is my RPG. I am still looking for a few good players, preferably with some experience in Role Playing, but I am confident this game will be easy and involving enought to attract new players as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home